In keeping with the theme I started with the last post, I have been reading up on businesses that do well in recessions or have been born during them. I believe with the current economic climate in the world people need to have a certain degree of hope that they can come up with that next great idea that will help them become successful. This doesn't mean that it is very easy for you to start up because you are still running the gauntlet when it comes to survival. I found some useful information here, if anyone else is interested in reading the whole article. I will be following up on this post with more ideas for good companies.
One of the best sustainable business that you can start today is an Accounting Services company. According to an Intuit survey, 80% of small business owners felt that their accountant was a close business advisor, which requires a lot of one on one time. This leads to a need for a personalized accountant who is not overworked on other cases.
Bulk food sales go thru the roof during a recession as many people start buying products in bulk. They tend to buy large quantities of long term items to feel some security and save some money.
Affordable luxury items sound like they would be one of the industries that would be hardest hit, as consumers choose value over style. This could be something as simple as setting up a domestic vacation service, a candy store, a food store, an ice cream store, or any other small retail operation because people want to have some sort of luxuries after they have been hurt by not doing as many enjoyable things as they used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment