Monday, October 10, 2011

The Rock Restaurant Review

One of my favorite local restaurants, The Rock, recently underwent a location transfer in the town of Normal.  The Rock used to be over by Zorbas, and the South Side Dormitories.  Now it is in Uptown Normal, with a move that I believe will actually help them a lot during the long-term as I see nothing but good expansions for Uptown Normal.  The Rock restaurant serves Mediterranean/American food in a fast-casual setting.  The success of fast-casual restaurants can be observed by looking at the success of restaurants such as Five Guys, Chipotle, Noodles and Company, and many other chain restaurants.  The Rock has an exceptional menu with very good burgers and fries, but also the signature dish of their restaurant, the gyro.  The gyros here are amazing and the entire menu was revamped to make the product quality high.  The Mediterranean side of the menu originally had me skeptical but after trying baba ghanoush and hummus I was sold that this place was full of delicious food.  The Italian beef I had here was amazing, and the only place I can say I ever had a better one would be Portillo's up in the suburbs.  The service staff was equally amazing making me feel at home and comfortable.  The managers there are really awesome and I love to talk to them about local business, and I ask them how their business is going every day I go in there.  Judging by the amount of business they see, I can confidently say that I am not alone in loving The Rock.  The townies in the town go there as well as most of my professors.  They have a great business concept and it works for them, I only wish they had plans to go more regional with it so that I might enjoy one in my hometown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment